Things to Know Before Getting Porcelain Dental Veneers
Ablantis Dental is your trusted cosmetic dental office in Encinitas, CA! If you’re considering porcelain dental veneers to enhance your smile, it’s essential to have all the facts before making a decision. Dr. Claudia Cortadi will assist you as you explore the key aspects of porcelain dental veneers, so that you have the necessary information to make an informed choice about your smile’s transformation.
At Ablantis Dental, we prioritize your oral health and strive to deliver outstanding aesthetic results that you’ll feel thrilled to show off!
Who is Suitable for Getting Porcelain Dental Veneers?
Porcelain dental veneers are an excellent cosmetic option for adults with healthy teeth and gums who are seeking to improve the appearance of their smiles. Cosmetic veneers can address various dental imperfections, including:
- Discolored teeth: If you have deep internal stains that are resistant to teeth whitening products, porcelain veneers completely cover each tooth in your “smile zone,” giving you a bright and radiant appearance.
- Chipped or cracked teeth: Minor chips or cracks in your teeth may not be a structural concern, but they can cause aesthetic issues that make you feel embarrassed around other people. These minor imperfections can be restored with porcelain veneers, providing a seamless and natural-looking solution that’s more conservative than full crowns.
- Unevenly spaced teeth: Porcelain veneers can help close gaps between teeth or correct misalignment issues, resulting in a more uniform and aesthetically pleasing smile without any braces.
- Misshaped teeth: Veneers can be customized to improve the shape, size, and symmetry of your teeth.
How Long Does it Take to Get Porcelain Veneers and What is the Procedure?
The process of getting porcelain veneers in Encinitas typically involves two to three steps, and the timeline may vary depending on individual circumstances:
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with our experienced cosmetic dentist in Encinitas, Dr. Claudia Cortadi. During this visit, we will evaluate your dental health needs, discuss your concerns, and develop a personalized treatment plan.
- Treatment planning: Dr. Claudia Cortadi will consider factors such as the desired shade, shape, and size of your veneers. Digital imaging or physical molds may be used to create a model of your smile, enabling you to visualize the potential outcome before the treatment starts.
- Preparation: To ensure a proper fit and natural appearance of each veneer, a small amount of enamel will be gently buffed away from the front surface of the teeth being addressed. This step is typically performed with numbing medication to ensure your comfort throughout the procedure.
- Impressions: Impressions and molds of your teeth will be created and sent to a dental laboratory, where skilled technicians will fabricate your custom veneers according to Dr. Claudia Cortadi’s specifications. This process typically takes about two weeks.
- Temporary veneers: While your permanent veneers are being created, temporary veneers are worn to protect your teeth and limit sensitivity. These temporary veneers are not as durable as the permanent ones but serve their purpose during the waiting period.
- Bonding: Once your permanent veneers are ready, Dr. Cortadi will carefully bond them to your teeth using a strong dental adhesive.
Is it Painful to Get Porcelain Dental Veneers?
The procedure for getting porcelain veneers is minimally invasive and fairly comfortable. During the enamel preparation stage, numbing medication may be used to ensure your comfort. You could possibly experience some sensitivity or discomfort following the procedure, but it is usually temporary and can be managed with over-the-counter pain medications as needed. Dr. Claudia Cortadi at Ablantis Dental will provide you with post-procedure care instructions to ensure a smooth and comfortable recovery.
How Long Do Porcelain Dental Veneers Last and Can They Be Adjusted?
Porcelain veneers are known for their durability and longevity. With proper care and maintenance, they can last for a decade or more. It’s essential to maintain good oral hygiene practices, including regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups. Additionally, avoiding habits such as biting into hard objects and sleeping in a protective nightguard can help you reduce the risk of worn or chipped porcelain.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you’re considering a smile makeover with dental veneers, contact Ablantis Dental in Encinitas today. Dr. Claudia Cortadi will help you on your way to getting the smile you deserve!