Flossing & Routine Check-ups Encinitas
Meeting your dentist and dental hygienist at Ablantis Dental regularly will turn out to be a blessing for maintaining professional oral hygiene. It holds the same importance as regular brushing & flossing.
Your personality is determined by a smile that asks for a proper hygiene routine. Here at Ablantis Dental, we can help you in maintaining that unique smile by making sure it stays the same for many years to come. Along with practicing good habits at home, one must visit dentists & allow them to check hygiene levels regularly.
Dental hygienist at Ablantis Dental always suggest patients brush at least twice a day by keeping the following precautions:
- Never uses a hard brush as it can hurt your gums. Instead, choose a soft tufted brush that can complete the cleaning process without causing any damage. Also, use toothpaste that has fluoride as it can be very useful for cleaning teeth convincingly.
- Invest 2-3 minutes for brushing so that all the areas of the mouth get covered.
- Change your toothbrush every three months. Try to find the models that work with the rotation oscillation approach as it has better chances of eliminating plaque & debris when compared with basic models.
It is greatly recommended to floss your teeth at least once in a day. As we all know, the floss is available in many different types of flavors, and we suggest you choose one according to personal preferences. Choose any of the following methods for flossing:
- Finger Wrap Method- Cut down a floss piece with a length of 45-50 cm. The first end needs to be wrapped across the left middle finger, whereas the other one should be wrapped in a similar way across the right middle finger. Move the floss down carefully under the gum line.
- Circle Method- Tie the ends of a floss having length nearly 28-30 inches for developing a loop. If the loop becomes too large by any means, then we suggest it wrapping around fingers.
In both these methods, we suggest that you should move the floss very gently between the teeth. For the proper elimination of plaque, we suggest moving floss firmly in an upward & downward direction.
Hygienic oral maintenance from professional at Ablantis Dental!
As a thumb rule, it is greatly recommended to all the patients to visit their Dental Hygienists Encinitas once after six months if you want to maintain the health of your teeth & gums. However, the time frame isn’t the same for all types of patients as it depends on their dental history & present status.
Discuss your case with our professional & experienced team for determining how often you need to visit your local dentist. Fix your appointment now!