Yes, It’s Safe to Visit Your Dentist. Here’s Why
Though this calendar year is coming to an end, we can’t say the same thing about the COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why Ablantis Dental in Encinitas, California has spent more than nine months developing and perfecting COVID safety procedures. Don’t worry, it’s still safe to visit your dentist!
The pandemic hasn’t stopped us from giving you the dental care you need, but it has definitely changed the way we implement daily procedures and contemplate safety. With that in mind, the Ablantis team wants to provide you with an update about how we are continuing to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, prioritize our patients’ health, and go above and beyond to protect each other during appointments in the office.
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
When we reopened after the springtime lockdown, we set in place a number of critical policies to help us adhere to the safety and social distancing protocols set forth in the reopening guidelines.
These policies are still in effect, and we have added other cleaning and sterilization processes to ensure compliance with all CDC, ADA, and CDA recommendations and requirements.
Consider this list of our safety measures and precautions to see why it’s still safe to visit your dentist.
- On the day of your appointment, you complete a screening questionnaire prior to entering the office. These screening questions help our team identify any potential risks of COVID-19.
- We take your temperature (Touchless) before you enter the office at each appointment
- Anyone coming into the office will be required to wear a face mask and use hand sanitizer/wash hands upon entry.
- One parent may accompany their child through the check-in process.
- Appointments are managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. Our goal is to always remain safe while still helping patients receive the timely care they need.
- We may opt to use telehealth (virtual or phone appointments) in order to limit the patient’s need to physically be in the office.
It’s Safe To Visit Your Encinitas, CA Dentist: Comprehensive COVID-19 Cleanliness
Our prior standards for sterilization and cleanliness were already equal to or better than that which have just been set forth by the CDC and ADA, but we’re always looking to improve! As California Dental Association President Richard Nagy reminds us, “Dentists are really great at infection control and being prepared to create safety. That’s what we’re good at, and that’s what we’re doing.”
In response to the pandemic, we have also enhanced our cleaning measures. These initiatives ensure that environmental cleaning and disinfection procedures occur before and after each patient.” These procedures include:
- Sterilization of patient-care items
- High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters
- Use of hospital-grade disinfectant
- Easy access to hand sanitizer
We’re very happy to report that there have been no incidences of COVID transmission within our practice. Though we can’t predict when this pandemic will finally come to an end, we promise to always make your health and safety our top priority.
Our thanks go out to each and every one of our patients. Not only for understanding the need for these additional protocols but for cooperating with them. Let’s continue to do our best to keep each other safe.
Your health, as always, is our number one priority.
Dr. Claudia Cortadi and the Team at Ablantis Dental